...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Friday, November 4, 2011

Love or Something Like It

Have you ever read "A Cup Of Jo?"  If you haven't I suggest you hop on over to her blog and check it out.  She has lovely little tid bits on NY, fashion, babies, and my favorite topic of hers...love.  Here is a lovely article that, I believe, gives a realistic description of what love truly is.  Not the love shoved down our throats in romantic comedies, television shows, and books.  That kind of love is...well lovely.  But it's not realistic.  Love can be hurtful, selfish, disappointing, aggravating.  It can cause you to do things you never thought you were capable of, to say things you never thought you'd utter.  It can bring out the worst in you.  But...it can also teach you things about yourself you'd have never know if someone wasn't there challenging you...daily.  It can bring out the good in you, teach you the true meaning of sacrifice, compromise, and compassion.  It can take you to your wits end and bring you as close to Heaven as you'll see on this Earth. 



"When the Words Don’t Fit...." (via a Cup of Joe)

"My husband and I don’t have a great “meeting” story. We met in a conventional way and had a conventional wedding. And in some sense, we lead a conventional life.

But my husband has seen me at my worst, at my most vile. And he has seen me at my best. He knows the things I don’t tell anyone, and the lies that I tell everyone but him. I have made sacrifices for him and been angry about it. Sometimes his flaws are so egregious, so blatant, they are all I see. And sometimes his kindness is so stunning that I am humbled.

And that’s love. Big, epic, fairy-tale love. The kind of love people write about. The kind of love that could inspire a poem."

Love is a funny thing.  It's taken me 26 years to even begin to understand what it means to love and I've still got so far to go. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love our talks on love El. I've learned SO much from them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, they are great....friendships like ours serve so many purposes!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...