...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Renewable jewels

This past week I attended a jewelry/art show that featured the boss man's wife's new collection of jewelry. Now, I can not tell you the last time I actually picked out a piece of jewelry for myself. And it has not been for lack of trying. I just cannot bring myself to spend money on something mainstream nor can I tear my wallet out of my hands to buy something I can't pair with the majority of my outfits (living in small spaces as left me overly discerning in my purchases). Luckily, I have some fantastic friends who know just my style and have kept me stocked up on some unique and versatile pieces.

I broke my non-jewelry buying stalemate to pick up this lovely little piece at the jewelry party and I have a feeling it will be one of many (I have several other pieces "renewed" by Jami Mark that I'll post pics of soon). Jami finds unique, vintage pieces, such as belt buckles, earrings, and brooches and brings them back to life in renewed, modern pieces. I LOVE her style!

The idea of renewing old, outdated pieces of jewely got me thinking of other ways to use vintage pieces. While scowering the web I found this fun DIY project that uses vintage clip on earrings as magnets. I'm totally going to try it. Genius!

(image via curbly)

Have a lovely weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...