...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Saturday, March 19, 2011

New digs = new furniture

The weekend is finally here and instead of doing the homework that has been piling up all week I have spent the majority of the morning oogling sofa tables, consoles, and sideboards.  As I said before, house hunting has resulted in me being bitten by the "want to get rid of everything I own and start fresh" design bug.  Though I do have a few pieces that I truly love, such as my vintage, rod iron sewing machine desk, the majority of my furniture is of the hand-me-down, Craigslist, garage sale variety....and most of it is rod iron and wicker...yuck!  I have one particulary hideous sofa table that, despite it's functionality, must go.  I began my hunt with shabby chic sofa tables and quickly learned of all the spectacular and storage friendly sideboards and consoles that are out there!  Sideboards don't just have to be in the kitchen, right??  Below are a few that I have stumbled upon so far.  Though many, if not all are out of my price range I am hoping to find similar looks at thrift or knock-off stores.

Lots and lots of drawers for storage!


I love the salvaged wood on this sideboard.

A little too French Country for me but I like the idea.


Not as much storage as I would like but I LOVE the thick carved legs!



I love the awkward, upside down look of the legs.


















I'm definitely not lovin the form of this table but may steal the idea of bold, painted drawers...so unexpected!

Here's to happy hunting!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm in LOVE with the one with the upside down looking legs!!! Happy hunting!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! I really hope I can find something equally as amazing. Either that or I'll just come pillage your amazing decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating your style is like a scavenger hunt, getting to score bargains while finding things that are totally unique. I always like how making a place your own is an ongoing adventure.

    L and I have a coffee table that doesn't fit into our family room any more, but I'm sure I could talk her into letting it go for a small price. It's rectangular, mahogany color, and floral carvings on the legs and sides. Pretty good shape. We found it at Three Women and an Armoire downtown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...