...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dream job

Happy Monday-ish!

Today is my first day back to work after a relaxing 3 day weekend and I must admit it's mildly painful. I shouldn't complain though....I have a good paying, stable, and fairly low stress job. However, sitting in a cubical all day doesn't bode well to keeping the creative juices flowing. Working for the State wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I graduated with a degree in Art History. But I refuse to let my lack luster job get me down and plan on taking full advantage of all creative opportunities that come my way. I'm dying to get my hands on a rickety old chair with nice lines and peeling paint I can redo! Stay tuned...

Below are pics from my best friends bridal shower (aka. creative outlet this last Spring)! I don't know if I had more fun planning and making DIY decorations or sipping sangria with 20 of my favorite ladies :)

I haunted the local hospice thrift store and Goodwill for funky bottles and vases. I was able to pick up most for less than $.50 each. Aren't peonies delightful!?
Homemade ice cream sandwiches....mmmmmm

I took a hint from Martha Stewart and made pom poms at varying heights to add whimsy. I also scattered different sized cake and pastry plates to add height to the table. Instead of renting expensive china I headed over to the local Party City and picked up these awesome faux china plates and plastic cutlery that looked silverware! Really saved time doing dishes :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...