...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Friday, January 7, 2011

International Delights

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Today marks the beginning of the end to my last week of house sitting and I am none too happy about it! B and I have been taking care of our friends house while they romp around New Zealand on their honeymoon (jealous!). We've had a blast playing house; cooking, playing Wii (yes we're huge dorks), watching movies, and making homemade lemon drops from the overproducing lemon tree in the backyard. B's mother is Norwegian so I've been test driving all her yummy recipes and trying to recreate some of his childhood favorites. I even brought some of my new creations into work yesterday morning for my coworkers to enjoy. Below are a few photo's from our Norwegian waffle breakfast last weekend :)


Our feast! Unfortunately, we didn't have a true Norwegian waffle maker so we had to make due with a Belgian. The waffles come out thicker than they are supposed to but they were yummy none the less. We traded off smearing them with butter and brown cheese (made with part goat, part cow milk that neither B or I can pronounce) and sour cream with lingonberry or strawberry jam.

My new obsession...Lingonberry jam! It has the tartness of Cranberries with the sweetness of strawberry jam. Sooooo tasty! B and I found some (after much hunting) at Whole Foods but I've heard Ikea carries this as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love lingonberry jam also! Ikea has lingonberry juice.. very yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...