...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Change Gon' Come

Happy Wednesday to you all! Though I can't say it has been an especially happy week for me. I learned last Thursday that my boss for the last three years is resigning! While I am excited for him and all the opportunities the future will bring I am sad for myself and those in my office. Even with all his quirks and demanding work style he is the energy of the office and brings fun and spark with him everyday. I was his assistant for two of the years and have come to realize that you develop a friendship, trust and comfort in working so closely with someone....tracking down Christmas trees for his fam on Christmas Eve, hoofing it down to Macy's to buy him socks because he managed to forget his, helping pick out birthday presents for his wife (last minute of course).


For me this change begs the question: Where does my career go from here? The good ol' office has been my first and only experience in the professional world and, with the boss man leaving, I must admit I am feeling a little lost. How will it be working for someone new? Will our work styles mesh? Will I continue to grow in my career? I know these questions seem silly as my ultimate goal is to get into nursing school but I strive to succeed in my current position in the interim. Only God knows where it will all go from here. I pray that I have enough faith to get out of the way when He decides to take me down a new path :)

P.S. Gotta love Sam Cooke..

There been times that I thought I wouldn't last for long
Now think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming but I know
A change gon' come, oh yes it will

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...