...when life seems dark, stinky and unfair

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Over the Hill and Under Control

In 7.5 days I will officially step off the top of the hill (i.e. 25) and begin my slow roll down to my 30s, 40s, yikes! 50s....! I must confess I was NOT happy to reach the top of said hill and had quite a hard time dealing with the fact that I was, at least, a quarter of my way through this life. However, surprisingly, 26...not so bad. Perhaps it is because my mental state is so much better than it was a year ago. I've made an effort to find outlets for my craziness, refuse to let my genetic oversensitivity (thanks Mom!) take over, and try to remember my purpose in this life (to serve the Lord). Or perhaps I've just come to terms with the fact that I will get old and maybe, just maybe my genetics (thanks again Mom!) will hold up and I won't look like an overwashed bag of skin. Now the real question that remains is what to get myself for my bday :) A few ideas....


Proenza Schouler Boots (or a similar pair that wont run me $700)

(Via Cupcakes and Cashmere)


A super sweet backpack for B's and my next trip to Russian River



A quaint little 2 bed 1 bath with white washed wood floors and plenty of natural light

Maybe in my dreams... :)


3 comments:

  1. Some of my fondest camping memories are on the Russian River up near Mendocino. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited I can't wait to go! You and James should join us one of these times!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...